My Grandma Buck turned 100 this year! I am so happy that we were able to celebrate with her! We all have such special memories of Grandma Buck! Here are a few of mine.
- I loved going to her house for Halloween, we would always get the best popcorn balls!
- Grandma loves gardening, and would always brag about getting tomatoes before anyone else.
- She loves chocolates, and if we were lucky, she would share some on our weekly Sunday visits.
- I mowed her lawn for years and always got rewarded very well!
- She kept her batteries in the fridge.
- She loves Snickers ice cream bars.
- In her kitchen she has a picture of a man praying, it reminds her of her father.
- She had a big crush on Clarke Gable, and loves "Gone with the Wind".
- She claimed that she would be pregnant, and in her third trimester before anyone could tell.
- One year for my birthday she gave me miniature salt and pepper shakers.
- She knew her entire family's birthdays, without looking at a calendar.
- Nothing meant more to Grandma then getting a card in the mail.
- She loved her fingernails painted, but was very particular about the length and style of her nails.
- Her given name was Helena. Her father called her "Lena". While I find it adorable, my Grandmother hated it.
In 2005, before I started nursing school I would spend 2 mornings a week with Grandma. I helped her pay her bills, correspond with old friends, bribe her to eat her "meals on wheels" but the thing I loved most was listening to her stories. She told me about how she met Grandpa Buck on her mission, the times she fell off her horse, dancing with other men because Grandpa favored watching. How she survived scarlet fever, as well as a brain tumor. It was a wonderful time in my life! I am so grateful that I was able to spend that extra time with my Grandmother and get to know her better! She always shared her testimony and challenged me to expand mine!
Caden and Hyrum also have special memories of Grandma Buck. They spent a lot of time with her before they came to live with Josh and I. Hyrum used to make a hilarious impersonation of how Grandma Buck walked. Caden and Hyrum are always excited to go visit her. They are so sweet with her, asking how she is and kissing her cheek!
We love you Grandma!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment